Acne is a skin condition that can leave physical and psychological scars if not treated, and contrary to popular belief, acne is not limited to teenagers and young people.
In fact, acne can strike people in their 30s, 40s and beyond. It can cause physical pain in severe cases and also can negatively impact the self-esteem and confidence of those affected.
If you want effective acne treatment, it’s available in the Orlando area at Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in Windermere, Florida. To learn more about acne treatments, or to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist, contact Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center today.
What Is Acne?
Acne is a skin disease that involves the sebaceous glands. If you suffer from acne, you aren’t alone. More than 80 percent of pre-teens and teens have acne, as do many adults who incorrectly thought their acne years were behind them.
How Does Acne Form?
Puberty, stress and hormonal factors can cause our bodies to produce large quantities of the oily substance known as sebum. Sebum can combine with skin debris, clogging pores in the process. Without proper acne treatment, clogged pores can soon turn red and swollen, becoming infected. This leads to formation of pimples. Scarring can occur in some severe cases.
At Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center, Dr. Jeannette Hudgens and our team offer topical creams that can work in conjunction with antibiotics and other treatments to help you rid your complexion of acne.
Acne is the skin problem that is most common in the U.S., but we understand that each acne patient is different and needs customized care to clear up his or her skin.
You will find that even hard-to-control acne can be brought under control with proper treatment, leaving you with clearer, smoother and healthier skin.
At Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center, we offer:
- Consultations with our experienced skin-care health providers who can help formulate a personalized treatment plan for your acne.
- Skin products that are proven safe and effective in treating acne in patients of all ages.
- Prescription medications that can dramatically improve your acne, especially if you have tried over-the-counter acne products which have failed to produce desired results.
- Anti-Acne Facials: These treatments offer a combination of cleansing, exfoliation and extractions. Facial massage can be used as well.
- Beta Peels: These medically-supervised peels contain proven anti-acne medicine designed to fight stubborn acne and acne scarring.
- Microdermabrasion: These treatments also are designed to rejuvenate and soothe acne-prone skin. You will also achieve a healthy glow!
- Fractional resurfacing: Laser technology helps boost collagen and elastin in your skin to reduce acne scarring.
- Acne extractions: These safely eliminate blackheads and whiteheads, helping your face begin the process of clearing acne.
With years of experience in treating patients of all ages who suffer from acne, Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center will help restore your skin to health through our effective acne treatments.
Acne and acne scarring often keeps sufferers from leading full and active social lives. Clear your skin and regain your self-confidence in the process with our acne treatments.
Contact Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center today to start down the road to an acne-free life.